Clothing and jewelry provides us with outlets of self expression, with the grip of winter upon us, many of us are beginning to look forward to warmer months, February may seem dull and monochromatic, but there is a wealth of color to be found in shops.
As the fashion world steps off the runway and unto campus with trendier outfits, bright and bold colors are in fashion, looking vibrant and bold is what matters, this season whether its going for solidarity on choosing the right print, the most reoccurring trend this spring is: Patterns, Patterns and more Patterns. With this in mind, here are some spring fashion tips and trends that you would need and see on the streets soon :
1. Creating a relaxed yet chic look for class by pairing your skinnies with an over sized sweater, black riding boots and printed scarf to soften the look.
Most times a dark top creates a bold contrast and brings out a jewel tone of the jeans.
A stack of silver spiked bangles and sparkly shield shaped studs, giving you an edgy flair.
Finally a blush toned shoulder bag would complete the look
2. Be colorful, ranging from pants to cropped tops and lace are all the things to look for this season. As for beauty, striking lip colors such as red and pink are here to stay. Red lipstick is definitely for going out in the evening, creating that desired hot look, but pink goes with anything and for daytime, giving a charming look.
3. Stick to the basics, skinnies are starting to head in a different direction with patterns, from polka dots, geometric shapes to python are a must add to your closet this spring.
4. Vintage, provides a convenient way for students to stay on top of current trends without overspending, walking the halls this semester you will likely see bright vintage inspired looks. There are a number of ways to get the vintage look without a time machine and not having to wonder to far from school
5. Shades, high waisted shorts, long vintage necklace and skinny belts will be popular this spring, be sure to have that included in your closet.
6. For a night out,you are open to so many options, you don’t always have to show up in a dress, whether your style is sweet or sexy, androgynous or off beat, any of these tips would work :
a. Experiment with separates, combine pieces to form an appropriate outfit; probably a black skirt with cashmere or a skinny black pants with an evening blouse or tunic.
b.work with styles that accentuate your arms and legs, choose sleeveless tops or dresses, go short and wear stockings that match your shoes.
c. Emphasize your eyes with a shimmery shadow and two coats of mascara and give your lips a swipe of gloss.
Whether you are a budding fashionista or a veteran fashion guru, there is something for everyone. Trends may change, but wearing something that makes you feel fabulous is a great way into the spirit of the new season.
If you want to look trendy this semester, go bold or go home.